Brochure Type: AWS Europe and Britain 23 24
Every day is an adventure on this Spain, Portugal and Morocco trip, whether you're enjoying a traditional barbeque with the Albaserrada family at their farm in Andalusia, celebrating Portugal's proud seafaring heritage or venturing deep within the ancient Medina of Fes to find treasures to take home.
- Explore Madrid, Toledo, Marrakesh, Fes, Seville and Lisbon with a Local Specialist
- Discover Casablanca, Rabat, Tangier, Fatima and Salamanca
- Visit the Synagogue and Santo Tome in Toledo, the Alhambra in Granada, Bahia Palace and a Moroccan pharmacy in Marrakesh, the Cathedral in Seville, the Hieronymite Monastery in Lisbon and Plaza Mayor in Salamanca
- View the Royal Palace in Rabat, the Hassan II Mosque in Casablanca, the Belem Tower in Lisbon and the Shrine at Fatima
- Connect With Locals Visit a horse ranch in the Andalusian countryside near the whitewashed village of Gerida, where you'll enjoy a Be My Guest dinner of traditional Sevillano cuisine.
- Stays With Stories Immerse yourself in the proud heritage of El Minzah Hotel, a famous Hispano-Moorish hotel in the heart of the city commissioned by the fourth Marquis of Bute in the 1930s.
- Dive into Culture The invincible swords of Toledo have defended cities for centuries. Visit an inlaid steel factory in Toledo to see local craftsmen forging the highest quality steel.
- Dive into Culture Visit a Moroccan pharmacy to learn about local healing creams and cosmetics made from regional ingredients.
- Dive into Culture Visit the Hieronymite Monastery, a former monastery of the Order of Saint Jerome and exquisite example of Manueline architecture.
- 1 Be My Guest
- 4 Dinners
- 1 Farewell Dinner
- 1 Welcome Reception
- 15 Breakfasts
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Return ferry crossings between Spain and Morocco
- Optional Experiences and free time
Call (636) 978-5510 for more information or to book today! Mention code 16422125
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 6/30/2022
- 16 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Hola Madrid||Hola Madrid: Colour outside the lines on this unforgettable encounter with the intoxicating lands of Spain, Portugal and Morocco. Kick off your unforgettable journey in the fiery Spanish capital of Madrid. Explore the city's vibrant streets, before joining your fellow travellers and Travel Director for a Welcome Reception and orientation drive past some of the city's most iconic sites.|
AC by Marriott Cuzco
|Day 2||Madrid||Explore Fiery Madrid: Join your Local Specialist on this day of discovery, which includes views of the iconic Cibeles fountain and Paseo de la Castellana. Admire the Royal Palace and Retiro Park, originally created as a retreat for the royal family, before spending the rest of the day at leisure indulging in la buena vida. Consider an Optional Experience to the medieval UNESCO-listed city of Segovia or encounter the greatest collection of Spanish art in the world at El Prado.|
|Day 3||Toledo and Granada||Onwards to Toledo and Granada: Witness the influence of Christians, Muslims and Jews that has spanned centuries in the imperial city of Toledo. Join your Local Specialist for a walking tour, during which you'll visit the Church of Santo Tome, home to El Greco's most famous paintings - 'The Burial of the Count of Orgaz'. Then, visit the synagogue of Santa Maria La Blanca, the oldest one still standing in Europe. Celebrate the tradition of steel and Damascene manufacturing and moulding as you Dive Into Culture at a local workshop before your journey continues through the soul-stirring Andalusian landscape to Granada, where we'll spend the night.|
|Day 4||the Sunny Costa del Sol||Journey to the Sunny Costa del Sol: Tread in the footsteps of Spain's last emirs and admire the impressive palatial city of the Alhambra, a collection of palaces and fortresses dating from the 12th century. Said to have been inspired by poetry and reflecting the description of paradise found in Islamic verse. Join a Local Specialist for a guided visit exploring its intricate designs, tranquil gardens and colossal walls. We leave this 'paradise on earth' behind and continue to the flamboyant Costa del Sol.|
|Day 5||Cross the Strait of Gibraltar to Tangier||Cross the Strait of Gibraltar to Tangier: We travel along the sun-kissed shores of the Mediterranean and cross to North Africa by ferry, arriving in Tangier, as much of a gateway between Africa and Europe today as it has been since Phoenician times. Our unique Stays With Stories hotel this evening is the sumptuous El Minzah, an icon in the heart of the city overlooking the Bay of Tangiers and the sparkling Mediterranean beyond. The grand property, built in the Spanish-Moorish style in 1930, has welcomed the rich and famous over the years, from Sir Winston Churchill to Hollywood's stars of the silver screen. You'll get to sample its warm hospitality for yourself, wishing the walls could share the highlights of its colourful history over the past century.|
|Day 6||Casablanca and Marrakesh||Continue to Casablanca and Marrakesh: We journey south to the Moroccan capital, Rabat, to view the Mausoleum of Mohammed V and the 19th-century Royal Palace. Continuing on to Casablanca next, we experience first-hand the intrigue and romance of this city, immortalised by Hollywood. We walk along the city's Corniche and enjoy views of the Hassan II Mosque with the world's tallest minaret, before venturing to Marrakesh, a city said to have been the favourite holiday haunt of Sir Winston Churchill. Dine tonight at your hotel.|
Le Meridien N'Fis
|Day 7||Discover Marrakesh||Discover Marrakesh: Visit the Bahia Palace during your walking tour with a Local Specialist. See Djemaa el-Fna Square in the Old Quarter with its palm-readers, acrobats and snake charmers. Visit a traditional Moroccan pharmacy and Dive Into Culture, gaining insights into the blending of creams and cosmetics using regional ingredients. The rest of the day is yours to explore. Don't miss the chance to shop for bargains in the souks (markets) and bazaars, or perhaps visit a local Berber village.|
|Day 8||Vibrant Fes||Off to Vibrant Fes: Departing Marrakesh, we travel north to Fes, the cultural capital of Morocco. The oldest of Morocco's imperial cities, Fes sits at the crossroads of Morocco's most important and influential centres and is set against the towering backdrop of the Atlas Mountains.|
Marriott Jnan Palace
|Day 9||The Medina and More in Fes||The Medina and More in Fes: Join a Local Specialist for a sightseeing tour through the cultural and spiritual centre of Morocco. Stroll through the Medina of Fes, view its fortifications and Royal Palace, and admire traditional Moroccan handiwork during a visit to a carpet cooperative. Spend the rest of your afternoon at leisure. Tonight, maybe join an Optional Experience Arabian dinner in a traditional riad - a night of heartfelt local entertainment, including belly dancing, awaits.|
|Day 10||Sail the Strait to Seville||Sail the Strait to Seville: Crossing the Straits of Gibraltar by ferry, we arrive back in Spain and journey past the region of Jerez, renowned as the origin of Spanish sherry. We drive through Andalucia and arrive in Seville - our home for the next two nights. What better way to experience this vibrant city than witnessing the passion of flamenco? Immerse yourself in the intoxicating sights of colourful twirling skirts and the clapping of castanets as you watch an optional performance this evening.|
|Day 11||Explore Spectacular Seville||Explore Spectacular Seville: Join your Local Specialist for a sightseeing tour which will take you past the iconic Giralda Bell Tower. Admire the tiled fountains and pavilions in the Maria Luisa Park, the showcase for the Ibero-American Exhibition in 1929, and visit the imposing Plaza de Espana. Visit the ornate tomb of Christopher Columbus in the largest Gothic Cathedral in the world, then enjoy a walk through the lovely historic Jewish Quarter. Meet the Albaserrada family and their horses on their farm in the Andalusian countryside near the whitewashed village of Gerena. Here you'll enjoy a Be My Guest experience as you Connect With Locals over a dinner featuring fresh regional ingredients and the local sangria.|
|Day 12||Lisbon||Venture to Lisbon: Your panoramic journey continues through the province of Huelva, famous for Jabugo jamon and the Rio Tinto mines. We cross into the golden fields of the Alentejo region, bound for Lisbon, the gastronomic soul of Portugal. See the gleaming Monument to the Discoveries, the suspension bridge spanning the River Tagus and Belem Tower, once the ceremonial gateway to Lisbon. Then, join your Local Specialist for a city tour of Lisbon then Dive Into Culture on a sightseeing tour of the UNESCO-listed Hieronymite Monastery built in the 16th century.|
Olissippo Marques de Sa
|Day 13||Lisbon Your Way||Lisbon Your Way: Explore the centuries-old seafaring heritage of the Portuguese, paying tribute to the great explorers who bravely set off from Portugal's shores to discover the 'New World' during your free time today. Consider an Optional Experience to discover Portugal's 'Golden Triangle' of Sintra, Cascais and the Estoril coast.|
|Day 14||Pilgrimage to Fatima and on to Salamanca||Pilgrimage to Fatima and on to Salamanca: We trace the path of pilgrims, who for decades have ventured north to the shrine at Fatima to pray to the Virgin Mary, and see the site of a celebrated religious miracle. Departing Portugal, we arrive in the historic university city of Salamanca - La Dorada, so named for its golden, orange and pink facades, which we will have an opportunity to see in the magnificent Plaza Mayor - voted by the locals as the most beautiful of all squares in Spain.|
Gran Corona Sol
|Day 15||Return to Madrid||Return to Madrid: Traversing the dramatic Sierra de Guadarrama Mountains, we arrive in Madrid, Europe's highest capital. Spend this afternoon exploring the sights. Indulge in some last-minute shopping on Gran Via or relax in one of the plazas and people watch. This evening we join our travel companions and Travel Director for a memorable Farewell Dinner.|
|Day 16||Journey Home||Journey Home: Our epic journey through Spain, Morocco and Portugal comes to an end this morning. All that's left is to say a fond farewell to your newfound friends and an unforgettable experience shared. Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers.|
- Festive Meals: The 16 December 2023 departure will celebrate Christmas in Seville, the 23 December 2023 departure will celebrate Christmas in Granada and toast New Year's Eve in Fes, the 26 December 2023 departure will toast New Year's Eve in Marrakesh. We have arranged festive meals for these departures that may replace one of the included meals featured in the itinerary.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class