GLOBUS 2022: The Sicilian (LP)
10 days from Palermo to Taormina Riviera
Crossed over by half of the ancient civilized world, modern day Sicily ironically presents an off-the-beaten-path vacation for those eager to discover a completely different side of Italy. The Phoenicians, Greeks, Romans, Byzantines, Arabs, Normans, French, Germans, Spanish, Italians, and even the British have left an impression on this gorgeous island, and it shows in its diverse architecture, unique culture, and multinational cuisine. As you trace the sparkling coast from the flamboyant capital city of Palermo to the ultra-chic Taormina Riviera, you can expect stunning archaeological treasures, ancient works of art, and a warm welcome at every turn, and a cool gelato on every corner. Traditional granita, cannoli, Marsala wine, and a tasting at Dolceria Bonajuto, Sicily's oldest chocolate factory, only sweeten the experience on this Undiscovered Tour of Sicily.
Call (636) 978-5510 for more information or to book today! Mention code 16385098
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 6/30/2022
- 10 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Palermo||Welcome to Palermo! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner at your hotel. (D)|
|Day 2||Palermo||PALERMO Guided sightseeing includes the Church of Immacolata and a visit to the cathedral. Scenic drive to Monreale for a panoramic view of the Conca d'Oro and a visit to the Norman Cathedral. [LF] Lunch with Sicilian specialties panelle (chickpea fritters), arancini (stuffed rice balls), and cannoli (fried pastry rolls with sweet ricotta cheese). (B,L)|
|Day 3||PALERMO-ERICE-MARSALA-MAZARA DEL VALLO||ERICE Visit the hilltop town and sample almond biscuits and Marsala wine at the well-known Pasticceria Maria Grammatico.MARSALA Visit a salt mill en route to Mazara del Vallo. (B,D) 99 mi / 160 km|
|Day 4||MAZARA DEL VALLO-SCIACCA-AGRIGENTO||MAZARA DEL VALLO Guided sightseeing includes the cathedral and a walk in the Old Town.SCIACCA Photo stop at the panoramic viewpoint.AGRIGENTO Guided walking tour at the Valley of Temples. (B,D) 93 mi / 150 km|
|Day 5||AGRIGENTO-PIAZZA ARMERINA-CALTAGIRONE-RAGUSA||PIAZZA ARMERINA Guided visit to the Villa Romana del Casale with the largest and most complex collection of Roman mosaics in the world.CALTAGIRONE Orientation and free time to see the Staircase of Santa Maria del Monte en route to Ragusa. (B,D) 130 mi / 210 km|
|Day 6||RAGUSA EXCURSION TO MODICA||RAGUSA Guided walking tour includes the city's oldest district, the Ibla, the 19th-century gardens of Giardini Iblei, and St. George Cathedral. Free time.MODICA Orientation walk in the center and a [LF] chocolate tasting at the famous Dolceria Bonajuto, Sicily's oldest chocolate factory.RAGUSA Dinner at a local restaurant. (B,D) 68 mi / 110 km|
|Day 7||Syracuse||NOTO Walk along Corso Vittorio Emanuele to admire San Nicolo Cathedral.SYRACUSE Guided visit to the Archaeological Park features the Greek Theatre and the Roman Amphitheater. (B) 93 mi / 150 kmENHANCE YOUR FREE TIME in Syracuse with an excursion to the island of Ortigia. This and many more options throughout your tour are available for purchase with MyGlobus. Get local maps and tips for free time on your GlobusGO mobile app.|
|Day 8||SYRACUSE-CATANIA-TAORMINA RIVIERA||CATANIA Orientation walk and free time to browse in Piazza del Duomo and Via Etnea.Scenic drive en route to Taormina Riviera and free time this afternoon and evening. (B)112 mi / 180 km|
|Day 9||TAORMINA RIVIERA EXCURSION TO SAVOCA||SAVOCA Orientation walk followed by a [LF] Granita (semi-frozen drink) tasting, and brioche tasting at Bar Vitelli.TAORMINA RIVIERA Orientation walk and free time for lunch. Visit the Greek Theater. Farewell dinner at Villa Antonio restaurant. (B,D) 43 mi / 70 km|
|Day 10||Taormina Riviera||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. The nearest airport is Catania. (B)|
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations ? Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include International airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) ? please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).