2022: The Camino, a Walking Journey for the Soul (5390)
11 Day Tour from Madrid to Madrid
Call (636) 978-5510 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15544888
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 6/30/2021
- 11 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||MADRID, SPAIN||Check into your hotel and, if you have time, start exploring this bustling city on your own with the help of the CosmosGO app before meeting your tour companions and the local host during the included welcome dinner at your hotel. (D)|
|Day 2||MADRID-SARRIA||Transfer to the train station to board the train to Sarria (you will be responsible for carrying your own luggage). On arrival, check in at the hotel and have an informative welcome meeting with your Tour Director who will explain the dos and don'ts of the walk and give you some important advice. Spend the evening at leisure; maybe go look for the ruins of the medieval castle and the convent of A Madalena. (B,D)|
|Day 3||SARRIA-PORTOMARIN||Approximately 23 km/14.3 mi - avg 6 hrs - difficulty 3/3). This is the real start of the journey. May every step be a thought on peace and an extension of loving kindness. Expect a peaceful walk in shady oak forest and through pretty villages on quiet country roads. The village of Barbadelo has a beautiful Romanesque church that is worth a visit. You will also pass through the village of Ferreiros. On arrival in Portomarin, relax at one of the many outdoor cafes in the main square. (B,D)|
|Day 4||PORTOMARIN-LESTEDO||Approximately 20 km12.5 mi-Average 4.5 hrs - Difficulty 2/3. Let your mind wander and the feet follow. Begin the day by crossing over the Belesar dam footbridge, then start a gradual climb to the village of Ligonde. This stage mainly runs along andanderos (paths) next to the road or, in some cases, along paved trails. There are many signs indicating the pilgrim route, including the famous cruceiros (crucifixes). Check out the Cruceiro of Lameiros and the Monastery of Our Saviour of Vilar de Donas (2 km/1.2 mi detour off the Camino). Overnight in Lestedo. (B,D)|
|Day 5||LESTEDO-MELIDE||Approximately 18 km 11.2 mi - Average 4 hrs - Difficulty 2/3. Keep an open mind and heart, let go of expectations, and enjoy the feeling of freedom along this ancient pilgrim path. The Camino takes you into the province of Coruna, with its fine eucalyptus and pine expanses, and numerous medieval bridges, such as the ones in Leboreiro and Furelos. Melide is an obligatory stop for food lovers; the best known local delicacy here is octopus. (B,D)|
|Day 6||MELIDE-ARZUA||Approximately 14 km 8.7 mi-Average 3.30 hrs-Difficulty 2/3.The Camino can be a powerful catalyst for positive change. Today's landscapes are similar to the previous day's, with some idyllic locations such as the Camino in Ribadiso da Baixo near Arzua. Arzua is where the modern town with its bars, restaurants and the Church of St James overshadow the Medieval center. (B,D)|
|Day 7||ARZUA-AMENAL||Approximately 25 km 15.5 mi-Average 6 hrs-Difficulty 2/3. Finding the courage to face our fears and stepping outside our comfort zone can lead us to self discovery. The route today is a nice and easy walk over gentle slopes and through woodland, combined with some stretches along the road, which you will have to cross on occasions. (B,D)|
|Day 8||AMENAL-SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA||Approximately 15 km 9.5 mi-Average 4 hrs-Difficulty 2/3. Our experiences and encounters are waymarks to the inner path. This is the last stage of your Camino de Santiago. Today, distance will not matter. There is a climb to San Marcos, from Lavacolla, passing Monte do Gozo before descending to Santiago de Compostela. Congratulations, you made it! The entire city is magical, especially the Cathedral, which deserves a special visit. In the afternoon, take guided walking tour of the city center. Learn the story of St. James the Apostle, the meaning of the Way, the history of Compostela. Walk through the monuments of the town centre. Discover the impressive squares surrounding the Cathedral and the secrets behind the stones of this UNESCO World Heritage Site. If you have walked all stages of the Camino you will receive your Pilgrim Certificate. Give thanks by attending the [M] Pilgrim Mass. (B,D)|
|Day 9||SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA-FINISTERRE-MUXIA-SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA||You have reached your goal; now reach the end of the world. Full-day excursion by coach to the stunning Cape Finisterre peninsula, on the Atlantic Ocean, believed in Roman times to be the end of the world. Stop in Muxia, a small town on the coast, and visit the SANCTUARY OF OUR LADY OF THE BOAT. This is very scenic region that not only offers wild beauty, but also delicious seafood and interesting legends. Today's Distance: 117 mi / 187 km (B)|
|Day 10||SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA-MADRID||Take the spiritual growth and appreciation for simple things back home with you. This is your most important souvenir of the Camino. Today we transfer to the Santiago train station to catch a train to Madrid. Say goodbye to your Tour Director and hello again to your local host in Madrid, who will be at hand for any assistance or suggestions on how to spend the last night in the Spanish capital. (B)|
|Day 11||Madrid||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Gratuities for Tour Director, driver, and Local Guides are available for pre-purchase.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Cosmos, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Cosmos, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Cosmos to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Cosmos menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations ? Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include International airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price includes a limited time promotional offer(s) ? please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Cosmos).