Brochure Type: 2021 Americas
From the skylines of Los Angeles and the sparkling bright lights of Las Vegas, to historic Route 66 and the Southern hospitality of Atlanta, prepare to be dazzled on a memorable trip across America. Along the way you'll be treated to authentic regional delicacies, while staying in top locations, as you make your way coast to coast. Immerse yourself in the vibrant culture of toe-tapping Memphis and delve into America's iconic history in Washington, D.C. End with a grand finale in New York City, as you experience this beautiful country in all its glory.
- Los Angeles: At 18:00, meet your Travel Director and fellow companions for a scrumptious Welcome Dinner with wine.
- Los Angeles: Enjoy a Highlight Dinner at Nick & Stef's Steakhouse.
- Grand Canyon: Enjoy a Highlight Dinner in the Thunderbird Room taking in awe-inspiring views.
- Santa Fe: End your day by choosing from a selection of local restaurants on your Dine-Around Evening.
- Amarillo: Savour a Highlight Dinner at the Big Texan, where everything truly is bigger in Texas.
- Little Rock: Enjoy a Highlight Dinner at Marlsgate Plantation, a stately mansion with a majestic setting.
- Memphis: Uncover a local gem, a lesser-known speakeasy above BB King's Blues Club for an atmospheric Highlight Dinner of Southern cuisine.
- Atlanta: Indulge at Mary Mac's this evening where you'll be welcomed for a comforting dinner of home-style food and wine. With over 70 years of cooking experience, this quaint bistro sets the standard for Southern cooking.
- South Carolina: Move on to the charms of South Carolina with a Highlight Dinner at a local Charleston restaurant.
- Washington, D.C.: Indulge in a delicious Highlight Dinner at one of the city's popular local restaurants, The Hamilton.
- New York: Bid farewell to your newfound friends at a lively Celebration Dinner at Bond 45, recipient of a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence.
- Dining Summary: 21 Breakfasts (B), and 11 Dinners with wine (DW).
- Los Angeles: Step beyond the red carpet with a theatre guide for a behind-the-scenes look at the Oscars on a private tour of the Dolby Theatre.
- Grand Canyon: Arrive at the Grand Canyon to learn all about the vibrantly coloured hues of the canyon from a Local Expert, as you enjoy a glass of sparkling wine.
- Dallas: Join a stadium guide for a VIP tour at one of the richest sports franchises in America - the Dallas Cowboys (subject to availability).
- Atlanta: Step into the world of world news and live broadcast at a behind-the-scenes, exclusive guided tour of the Global Headquarters of CNN.
- Sedona: Journey on to the bohemian colony of Sedona to explore its shops and galleries, or simply take in its natural rugged beauty.
- Winslow: Depart Flagstaff for the town of Winslow, famous for the Eagles song 'Take it Easy,' before arriving in New Mexico's capital city, Santa Fe.
- Santa Fe: Join a guided tour of the historic city of Santa Fe to discover its local art colony and Pueblo traditions.
- Cadillac Ranch: See the 10 classic Cadillacs buried nose down in the dirt.
- Dallas: Visit Stockyards National Historic District, established to preserve Fort Worth's livestock history and promote the heritage of one of the greatest agriculture industries in the world.
- Little Rock: Enjoy a tour and private bourbon tasting at the Rock Town Distillery, known for crafting spirits using locally-grown grain.
- Little Rock: Visit the William J. Clinton Presidential Library and Museum.
- Memphis: Explore the Graceland Mansion and grounds.
- Charleston: Discover Charleston on a historic carriage ride and visit Magnolia Plantation and Gardens for a walk around one of the oldest plantations in the South.
- North Carolina: At the Tobacco Farm Life Museum, learn about cultivating one of the most important crops in this part of the country.
- Washington, D.C.: Take a city tour of Washington, D.C. and discover the iconic memorials and monuments, including the White House, Washington Monument, and National Mall.
- New York: Marvel at the sweeping skyline views, including some of the city's most prominent landmarks from the Top of the Rock Observation Deck at the Rockefeller Center.
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Call (636) 978-5510 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15110417
- Tour Operator
- Insight Vacations
- Offer valid through 12/31/2020
- 22 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Los Angeles||Welcome to Los Angeles.: Welcome to the City of Angels. On arrival at Los Angeles International Airport, your transfer will take you to your sleek, centrally located hotel. Enjoy some free time and explore the local area. You can also explore the streets of downtown LA if you fancy a slightly longer walk. If you're feeling peckish, there are a number of restaurants and cafes close by to choose from. At 18:00, head back to the hotel where you'll meet your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a scrumptious Welcome Dinner and wine. (Dinner with Wine)|
InterContinental Los Angeles Downtown.
|Day 2||Los Angeles||The City of Angels.: IIt's time to explore Tinseltown. Channel your inner movie star and check out TCL Chinese Theatre, a movie palace on the legendary Hollywood Walk of Fame, where you can walk in the steps of icons including Marilyn Monroe, Clark Gable and Audrey Hepburn. Continue your star-studded day with a private tour of the Dolby Theatre, the current home of the Oscars. If all this sightseeing makes you hungry, you'll find plenty of choices to tempt your palette at the historic L.A. Farmers Market. Featuring more than 100 vendors serving a variety of foods, including local American cuisine and international foods, it's the perfect place to rejuvenate after a day of sightseeing. End the day with a Highlight Dinner at Nick & Stef's Steakhouse with the rest of the group. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 3||Las Vegas||From Los Angeles to Las Vegas.: Say goodbye to Los Angeles and head towards the glittering bright lights and glamour of Las Vegas. This dazzling neon haven comes with dining and shopping options aplenty, while its casinos and live shows will keep night owls entertained. Just make sure you bring your poker face! If you'd prefer to rest for the day ahead, your hotel room comes with a mini bar area, sitting room and expansive views of the strip and downtown Las Vegas. (Breakfast)|
Caesars Palace, Las Vegas.
|Day 4||Las Vegas||Leisure Time in Sin City.: The day is free for you to enjoy. Relax by the swimming pool, try your luck at the casinos, or explore the famous Strip, where you'll find the musical water ballet of the Bellagio's fountains and world-famous shopping. From browsing the Forum Shops at Caesars to the luxe Crystals Mall at City Center, featuring the world's most elite designers, prepare to shop till you drop. (Breakfast)|
|Day 5||Grand Canyon||Get Your Kicks and the Grand Canyon.: It's time to bid farewell to the bright lights of Vegas as you move on to an all-American experience of classic motels, diners and gas stations. Cruise along a portion of the celebrated Route 66, before making stops at revered hotspots Seligman and Kingman, where you'll find fun cafe menus and souvenir shops to browse. Seligman was also the birthplace of the original Route 66. Arrive at the Grand Canyon, where the wild beauty of one of the world's greatest natural wonders awaits. Learn all about the vibrantly coloured hues of the canyon from Local Expert, Tim, as you enjoy a glass of sparkling wine. With over seven years of experience in geology, you'll be taught all about the origins of the five-million-year-old canyon, its rock formation and impact now. He'll also talk to you about the local flora and fauna, and where you might be able to spot the land's elk, mule deer, coyotes, grey foxes, bobcats and mountain lions. End your day with a tranquil night inside the park and an appetising Highlight Dinner with wine in the inviting Thunderbird Room of your lodge. Situated on the South Rim, this centrally-located venue offers a wet-bar, barbeque and private balcony, so you can feast on hearty food while taking in the stunning views of the canyon. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
National Park Lodges, Grand Canyon.
|Day 6||Flagstaff||Mystical Sedona and Flagstaff.: Before bidding farewell to the natural beauty of the Grand Canyon, you have the option of taking a once-in-a-lifetime helicopter tour across the Grand Canyon. Journey on to the bohemian colony of Sedona. Attractive to healers, this spiritual town's vortexes are rumoured to offer alternative medicines and practices. If retail therapy is more your thing, explore Sedona's shops and galleries, or simply take in its natural rugged beauty, which makes it a hotspot for hikers, swimmers and eager campers. (Breakfast)|
Little America Hotel Flagstaff.
|Day 7||Santa Fe||From Flagstaff to Santa Fe.: Depart Flagstaff for the town of Winslow, in Navajo County. Famous for the Eagles song 'Take it Easy', you can check out the town's bronze statue of the 'man standin' on the corner, which pays homage to the hit. Sometimes you can find a red antique Ford parked next to it in celebration of the song's famous girl. You'll end your day in New Mexico's striking capital city, Santa Fe, a destination rich in both history and heritage. End your day by choosing from a selection of local restaurants on your Dine-Around Evening. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Inn & Spa at Loretto, Santa Fe.
|Day 8||Amarillo||Is this the way to Amarillo?: Join a guided tour of the historic city of Santa Fe to discover its local art colony and Pueblo traditions. Here you'll discover its local art colony and Pueblo traditions. You'll also take in the striking architecture of the Palace of the Governors and the Loretto Chapel with a Santa Fe specialist. Journey to Amarillo and catch the 10 classic Cadillacs buried nose down in the dirt at the famed Cadillac Ranch pop art installation. End the day with a tasty Texan treat for dinner at a local restaurant. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Embassy Suites Amarillo Downtown.
|Day 9||Dallas||Cattle and Country Western.: Say goodbye to Amarillo and move on to the modern Dallas/Fort Worth area. Once a trading post for cowboys, the city of Fort Worth is famous for rodeos and the National Cowgirl Museum. On arrival, your Travel Director will take you on an orientation tour of Dallas. Your evening is free to do as you please. Perhaps wander down to Dallas' historic West End District which dates back to 1872. The area is now home to numerous restaurants, bars and cafes. (Breakfast)|
Magnolia Dallas Downtown.
|Day 10||Dallas||Deep in the Heart of Texas.: You can't talk about Dallas without mentioning The Dallas Cowboys. One of the country's richest sports franchises, football fans will be in their element with a guided VIP tour of AT&T Stadium, formerly known as the Cowboys Stadium (subject to availability). In a fascinating look behind the scenes, you will be privy to places normally off limits during game days: the field, media press box, and locker rooms are all included. Visit Stockyards National Historic District, established to preserve Fort Worth's livestock history and promote the heritage of one of the greatest agriculture industries in the world. Later, get your cowboy boots on and your dancing feet ready for a true Western experience at Billy Bob's Texas, a honky-tonk with live music and entertainment. (Breakfast)|
|Day 11||Little Rock||From Big Texas to A Taste of Little Rock.: Today you'll head to Little Rock, the capital of Arkansas. Enjoy a tour and private bourbon tasting at the Rock Town Distillery, known for crafting spirits using locally-grown grain. Save the evening for a Highlight Dinner with wine at Marlsgate Plantation. With its ancient oak trees, views across the serene waters of Bearskin Lake and majestic acres of land, this columned mansion offers a dreamy location for your evening meal. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Little Rock.
|Day 12||Memphis||Memphis, Home of the Blues.: Before leaving Little Rock, delve into the history of this iconic city. Visit the William J. Clinton Presidential Library and Museum dedicated in 2004 to Bill Clinton, the 42nd President of the United States. The museum features replicas of the Oval Office and the Cabinet Room, and highlights his life at the White House. From presidential history to cultural, arrive in Memphis 'Home of the Blues and the birthplace of Rock N' Roll', for a musical stay on the Mississippi River. Tonight, dine on local specialities served with wine for a taste of what this city has to offer. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
The Guest House at Graceland, Memphis.
|Day 13||Memphis||Graceland and Everything Elvis.: This morning, enjoy an Insight Choice between a guided visit to Sun Studios or the National Civil Rights Museum. The rest of your day is dedicated to the King of Rock and Roll himself, Elvis Presley. You'll fall in love with his Memphis 13.8-acre Colonial-style mansion, otherwise known as Graceland. Explore Presley's final resting ground with an interactive guided tour before heading for an evening at leisure on famous Beale Street in Downtown Memphis. Renowned for blues music, this district has an array of restaurants and bars to choose from. (Breakfast)|
|Day 14||Atlanta||Atlanta, Cultural Capital of the New South.: In keeping with the blues spirit, it's time to head off on your 'midnight train', well, morning coach to Georgia. You'll stay in Atlanta, named in honour of railroad engineer, J. Edgar Thompson and his Atlantica-Pacifica railway. Indulge at Mary Mac's in the evening for your highlight dinner. You'll be welcomed into this famous Tea Room for a comforting dinner of southern food and wine. And with over 70 years of cooking experience this welcoming bistro really does set the standard for Southern cooking. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Atlanta Marriott Marquis.
|Day 15||Atlanta||Georgia's Capital and Southern Traditions.: Make headlines as you journey into the heart of CNN Worldwide for a close-up look at global news in the making. An exclusive guided tour will take you behind-the-scenes of the fast-paced working studios. Move on to the Southern charms of South Carolina with a Highlight Dinner at a local Charleston restaurant. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Andrew Pinckney Inn, Charleston.
|Day 16||Charleston||Charming Charleston.: Discover Charleston, South Carolina's oldest city during a historic carriage ride and take in its quaint beauty. From the bright Georgian houses of Rainbow Row, to the city's hidden gardens, courtyards and churches, there is plenty to discover. Afterwards, visit one of the old plantations of the South for a look into what life was like on these historic properties. (Breakfast)|
|Day 17||Raleigh||The Carolinas and Tobacco Farms.: Discover a simpler way of life at the Tobacco Farm Life Museum. This turn-of-the-century homestead will show you how rural families lived, worked and cultivated one of the country's most important crops. Set out for the other Carolina - North Carolina, that is - and arrive in its capital city, Raleigh, otherwise known as the City of Oaks. Founded in 1792, this government town is famous for its universities, technology and research. There are a number of museums and galleries downtown for those searching for some aesthetic culture. (Breakfast)|
Hilton North Raleigh/Midtown.
|Day 18||Washington, DC||The City of Oaks to Monumental Washington, D.C.: Leave Raleigh behind as you make your way to Washington, D.C. On arrival, you'll have time to acquaint yourself with the capital. End the day with a delicious Highlight Dinner at The Hamilton, a contemporary restaurant offering an eclectic dining experience. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
The Mayflower Hotel, Autograph Collection, Washington, D.C.
|Day 19||Washington, DC||Sightseeing in the Capital.: Take a city tour of Washington, D.C. and discover all of the iconic memorials and monuments, including the White House, Washington Monument, and National Mall. The rest of the day is yours do as you please, so whether you fancy heading to a free museum on the National Mall, a trip to the zoo or a coffee and cake in a local cafe, the choice is yours. (Breakfast)|
|Day 20||New York||New York, the City That Never Sleeps.: Follow the bright lights to The Big Apple. Whether you want to take a casual stroll, head out and watch a Broadway show or relax back at your hotel, the evening is at your leisure. (Breakfast)|
The Renwick Hotel New York City, Curio Collection by Hilton.
|Day 21||New York||A Manhattan Masterpiece.: Take a bite of the Big Apple on a tour of the city's highlights with a Local Expert. See the towering Empire State Building and the mirrored peak of the Art Deco Chrysler Building as you admire one of the world's most striking skylines. For a full view of this monumental city, ascend to the Top of the Rock - the 70th floor of the Rockefeller Center - for a sweeping view of the skyscrapers, parks, rivers and urban canyons that make up the isle of Manhattan. If it's tranquillity you're after, relish the calm of Central Park, an expansive space designed by renowned landscape architect Frederick Law Olmsted and offers New Yorkers a break from the concrete jungle. At night, join your Travel Director for a lively Celebration Dinner at Bond 45, an iconic Italian kitchen and bar, where you'll toast to new friends and fantastic memories. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 22||New York||Depart New York.: It's time to say goodbye to The Empire State. A morning transfer will take you to JFK International, LaGuardia or Newark Liberty International Airport for your flight home. Alternatively, if you want to see more of New York, extend your stay at your own pleasure. (Breakfast)|
- Notes: Twin prices are per person.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class