Brochure Type: AWS Europe and Britain 1819
From the White Cliffs of Dover to the lush Burgundy vineyards of France, delve into the mesmerising landscapes of Europe - its rich heritage and distinctive flavours yours to share with new friends. Explore Amsterdam from its labyrinthine canals, soak up Lucerne's fresh Alpine air, and say bienvenue to the sophistication and splendour of Paris.
- City tour in Paris
- Cruise along the canals of Amsterdam and the River Rhine
- Orientation of Amsterdam and Lucerne
- See the Lorelei Rock, Vineyards of Burgundy and the Somme Battlefields
- View the White Cliffs of Dover, the Chapel Bridge in Lucerne and the Champs Elysees, Arc de Triomphe and Opera House in Paris
- Visit the Rhine Falls in Schaffhausen, the Lion Monument in Lucerne and the Eiffel Tower in Paris
- 6 hot buffet breakfasts
- 2 dinners (including Be My Guest) with local wine
- 1 dinner
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Return ferry across the Channel from Dover to Calais
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- London airport transfer service is available to purchase. Conditions apply. See airport transfer page link below for details
- VIP entry to many sights
- The services of a Trafalgar Local Host if you stay at Trafalgar's recommended London hotel.
Call (636) 978-5510 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13960178
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 6/30/2018
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||London||Arrive London (2 Nights): Welcome to London - a heady mix of old and new, from the palaces, parks and cathedrals of yesteryear to the trendy city streets of Soho and Shoreditch. After checking into your hotel, spend the rest of your day embracing the energy of this cosmopolitan capital, meandering down the lush tree-lined Mall from Nelson's Trafalgar Square to Buckingham Palace, admiring the bright lights of Piccadilly and exploring art, antiquities and cultural treasures in the city's magnificent museums.|
|Day 2||London||London Sightseeing and Free Time: Today we join a Local Specialist to explore the iconic symbols of London on a guided sightseeing tour of this vibrant city. See Big Ben, the "prince of timekeepers", the imposing Houses of Parliament and the home of Britain's royal family, Buckingham Palace. Our sightseeing tour concludes in central London from where you'll have an opportunity to spend the rest of the day discovering the city on your terms. Board the London Eye for a bird's-eye view of the capital, explore centuries of bloody British history at the Tower of London or meander through Hyde Park amidst the sweet smell of blooms and manicured green lawns, stopping in at Speaker's Corner to see the power of free speech in action. Full Breakfast|
|Day 3||Amsterdam||London - Amsterdam: Meet your Travel Director this morning before leaving London. See the White Cliffs of Dover as you board your ferry to Calais. Travel through Belgium and later arrive in Amsterdam. Enjoy an orientation of the historic city centre followed by a Welcome Reception on a scenic canal cruise including a light dinner and welcome drinks.Full Breakfast, Welcome Reception|
|Day 4||Rhineland||Amsterdam - Rhine Cruise - Rhineland: Take to Amsterdam's charming canals this morning before retreating to Germany's Rhine Valley for a memorable cruise meandering past terraced vineyards, historic towns and medieval castles to St. Goar. We pass the legendary Lorelei Rock, named after a mermaid who lured fishermen to their deaths with her mesmerising song then venture to our Rhineland hotel where we'll spend our evening at leisure.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
Achat Premium Walldorf/Reilingen
|Day 5||Lucerne||Rhineland - Heidelberg - Schaffhausen - Lucerne (2 Nights): The old university town of Heidelberg is our first stop this morning, with its impressive Renaissance structures, Baroque Old Town and view of the ruined red sandstone castle that towers above the city. Delving into a world of legends and fairy-tales, we enter the enchanting Black Forest and stop for a Cultural Insight into the fine craft of cuckoo clock making, before visiting the dramatic Rhine Falls at Schaffhausen, the largest waterfall in Europe. We cross the Swiss border, admiring the exquisite alpine setting and arrive on the shores of Lake Lucerne where we will stay for the next two nights.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 6||Lucerne||Lucerne Orientation: Soak up the relaxed lakeside atmosphere amidst a stunning natural setting before exploring the city's fascinating heritage. Cross the solid wooden Chapel Bridge on your morning orientation, visit the solemn Lion Monument, commemorating the Massacre of the Swiss Guards in 1792 and spend your afternoon shopping in the old town for Swiss souvenirs and chocolates. Consider an Optional Experience ascending the surrounding mountains for panoramic alpine views, wander along the tranquil lake shore or meander around the city admiring the decorative signposts and ornate facades lining the city's quaint streets.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 7||Paris||Lucerne - Burgundy Wine Region - Paris (2 Nights): See the changing landscape as you travel into France through Alsace and across the Maginot Line. Indulge in the mesmerising countryside of the Burgundy Wine Region, famous for its delicious Chardonnay and Pinot Noir grape varieties, before arriving in Paris. This evening is yours to explore the grand boulevards of the French capital. See the pageantry of Paris and opt for an Optional Experience to enjoy the colourful sights and sounds of a famous Parisian Cabaret.Buffet Breakfast|
Renaissance La Defense
|Day 8||Paris||Paris Sightseeing: Join a Local Specialist today to explore the artistic and historic treasures of Paris, including views of the elegant Champs Elysees, the Arc de Triomphe and magnificent Opera House, designed by Charles Garnier and opened in 1875. Ascend to the second level of the Eiffel Tower by elevator and view the City of Light in all its glory. This afternoon, meander through the stylish gardens, avenues and lanes of Paris admiring the sophisticated atmosphere or perhaps join an Optional Experience to the exquisite Palace of Versailles. This evening we celebrate an epic journey across Europe with our fellow travellers at a Farewell Be My Guest Dinner at a family run bistro.Buffet Breakfast, Be My Guest Dining|
|Day 9||Depart Paris||Depart Paris: Today it's time to say 'au revoir' to your fellow travelers and Travel Director. An airport transfer is available. Conditions apply.Buffet Breakfast|
- Your London Hotel: This trip starts and ends at our London Reception Centre or The Tower hotel, providing that you have reserved your accommodation at this hotel through Trafalgar.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class