2018: New England Traditions with New York City (8102)
12 days from New York City to New York City
NEW YORK Holiday Inn Express Manhattan West Side (ST)PLYMOUTH John Carver Inn & Spa (MF)BOSTON Crowne Plaza Boston - Newton (F)OGUNQUIT Ogunquit River Inn & Suites (ST)NORTH CONWAY Hampton Inn & Suites (ST)BURLINGTON Hampton Inn Vermont Event Center (ST)LAKE PLACID Quality Inn Lake Placid (ST)SARATOGA SPRINGS Comfort Inn & Suites Saratoga Springs (ST)
Call (636) 978-5510 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13731264
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 3/31/2018
- 12 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||New York||Welcome to the 'Big Apple!' Your Tour Director is on hand late this afternoon to answer any questions.|
|Day 2||Plymouth||Depart Manhattan this morning and follow the Connecticut shore via New Haven, of Yale University fame. Enter the tiny state of Rhode Island and see the sights in Newport, the Great Gatsby resort of spendthrift tycoons. Visit THE BREAKERS, Cornelius Vanderbilt's magnificent 70-room Italian palazzo, then head north into Massachusetts. Spend the next two nights in the historic seaside port of Plymouth, where the Pilgrim Fathers landed aboard the Mayflower in 1620. (CB)|
|Day 3||Plymouth||Begin the day with a visit to PLIMOTH PLANTATION, a living history museum of 17th-century Plymouth, where costumed interpreters portray residents of the colony. This afternoon, why not join the optional whale-watching expedition? Board a cruise boat and head out to sea for an exciting adventure with commentary by a local marine biologist. Keep your eyes peeled because these Atlantic waters are prime feeding ground for finback and humpback whales, as well as dolphins. Afterward, time to visit the historic town of Plymouth and Plymouth Rock, the spot where the Pilgrims landed. The evening is yours to relax or explore more of Plymouth.|
|Day 4||Boston||This morning, visit the PLIMOTH GRIST MILL, a working reconstruction of the original mill built by the Pilgrims in 1636, and located on the original site in Plymouth Colony. Afterward, head for Boston, the 'Cradle of American Liberty,' where your afternoon and evening are open for independent activities. Your Tour Director will have plenty of suggestions for things to do and see.|
|Day 5||Ogunquit||This morning, included sightseeing with a Local Guide shows off many of the major highlights-Beacon Hill, the Old North Church (where Paul Revere was signaled of the departure of British troops to Lexington), the Freedom Trail, Boston Common, and the Public Gardens. Afterward, time to explore Faneuil Hall before traveling for an overnight to the picture-perfect oceanfront village of Ogunquit, a haven for writers and artists. In the evening, sample the delicious local fare on an optional lobster bake excursion that includes steamed clams, Maine lobster, and delicious corn-on-the-cob.|
|Day 6||North Conway||Marvel at New England's autumn splendor as we head northwest to Lake Winnipesaukee, one of the region's largest and most beautiful stretches of water. Cruise across this island-dotted lake aboard the historic MS MOUNT WASHINGTON to the lake resort of Wolfeboro. Your overnight is in North Conway, with a backdrop of more than 700,000 acres of protected White Mountain National Forest,which boasts the tallest peak in the East-Mount Washington, at 6,288 feet. Your evening is free. (CB)|
|Day 7||Burlington||Travel through colorful autumnal forests and continue across New Hampshire. Next stop: Vermont, where birch, oak, and maple leaves form a kaleidoscope of brilliant yellows, oranges, and reds. After a stop in Montpelier, Vermont's capital city, we visit a nearby MAPLE SYRUP FARM. Next up: Burlington on the shores of Lake Champlain. (CB)|
|Day 8||Lake Placid||Drive to the shores of Lake Champlain and board the ferry for the SCENIC CROSSING into the state of New York. Travel through the foothills of the Adirondack Mountains to the village of Lake Placid, site of the 1932 and 1980 Winter Olympics. (CB)|
|Day 9||Saratoga Springs||This morning, continue your exploration of the village to shop for souvenirs on Main Street, enjoy a leisurely stroll along Mirror Lake, or visit the Olympic Skating Center, where you can watch future Olympic athletes train. A late arrival in historic Saratoga in upstate New York. An orientation tour shows off the beautiful Victorian estates, downtown with its tree-lined streets, one-of-a-kind boutiques, and gorgeous floral plantings. Balance of the day and evening is at your leisure. (CB)|
|Day 10||New York||A quick visit to Albany, the historic capital of New York, for an orientation tour. The final leg of your journey takes you south into New York City. A stop at Newark or John F. Kennedy International Airports for those with homebound flights. Check into the Holiday Inn Express Manhattan West Side for the next two nights. (CB)|
|Day 11||New York||During your free time in Manhattan, visit the most popular sights: Times Square, Greenwich Village, and Chinatown. Take advantage of our optional activities, such as a helicopter flight over the city, a ride up to the 86th floor of the Empire State Building, or a Manhattan harbor cruise. Your local host can help arrange these and other excursions, as well as offer other useful tips. (CB)|
|Day 12||New York||The trip ends today with guests departing on individual schedules. Airport transfers are provided to John F. Kennedy, LaGuardia, or Newark International Airports. (CB)|
- US$ Price Details
Gratuities for Tour Director and driver are available for pre-purchase.Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single Room Supplement:$1,170Triple Room Reduction per person:$285Additional accommodations before or after your tour may be available.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).