2018: Best of the Netherlands (4820)
7 days from Amsterdam to Amsterdam
AMSTERDAM AREA Tulip Inn Airport (ST) or Corendon Village (ST)ROTTERDAM Bilderberg Parkhotel (ST)ARNHEM AREA De Bilderberg (F)GRONINGEN Apollo (F)
Call (636) 978-5510 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13596931
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 12/31/2017
- 7 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Amsterdam||Check into your hotel. The rest of the day is free to explore Amsterdam on your own. Tonight, meet your Tour Director and fellow travelers. (D)|
|Day 2||Amsterdam||For centuries, this tiny nation of seafaring traders played a leading role in world history. It reclaimed 40% of its territory from the sea, and produces a healthy agricultural surplus in the midst of Europe's most densely populated area-yet Holland manages to remain quaint and scenic. Your day begins with sightseeing with a Local Guide pointing out the city highlights. Later, see the city from a different perspective on the CANAL CRUISE. Watch skilled craftsmen cut and polish precious stones at a DIAMOND CENTER. Time in the afternoon to explore on your own or to join an optional excursion. (B)|
|Day 3||Rotterdam||Begin your day with a visit to the fascinating AALSMEER FLOWER AUCTION or, when the tulips bloom, see some of the 7 million flowers on your visit to world-famous KEUKENHOF (departures 0407-0505), one of the world's largest flower gardens (weather permitting). Carry on to historic Delft for a visit of the famous ROYAL DELFT POTTERY FACTORY. See how this precious pottery is made and marvel at its magnificent collection of hand-painted earthenware. Continue on to Rotterdam, the world's busiest port to marvel at the city's futuristic architecture. (B)|
|Day 4||Arnhem||Today is all about recent history. Visit Groesbeek, where Allied forces launched Operation Market Garden during WWII, the largest airborne battle in history and the only major Allied defeat of the northwest Europe campaign. Also, explore the NATIONAL LIBERATION MUSEUM, which commemorates Holland's occupation and liberation during the war. Next is Arnhem, site of the disastrous Battle of Arnhem, where you will see John Frost Bridge, named for the commander of the British forces that held the bridge for four days. Enjoy time on your own to do some independent exploring. (B,D)|
|Day 5||Groningen||This morning, head for the rustic town of Staphorst, dating back to the 13th century when monks began cultivating the area's bogs and swamps. Inhabitants today still live according to strict Calvinist principles. Stop in the quaint village of Giethoorn, built on canals but very different from busy cities like Venice or Amsterdam. Spend the night in the provincial capital of Groningen. (B)|
|Day 6||Amsterdam||Explore Groningen this morning, an important trade center in the 13th century that today is hailed as the 'World Cycling City.' Later, enjoy a scenic drive through the lovely Frisian Lake District. Cross over the 19-mile Barrier Dam, which is part of an incredible system of 1,200 miles of dikes, dams, and dunes built over the last 900 years to protect the part of Holland that is below sea level. Visit a renowned WOODEN CLOG and DUTCH CHEESE WORKSHOP in Zaanse Schans. Continue to the fishing village of Volendam, then arrive back in Amsterdam to enjoy a farewell dinner at a local restaurant. (B,D)|
|Day 7||Amsterdam||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement $324No triple room reduction.Extra nights per person in Amsterdam:in single room $163; in twin / in triple $98
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).