This Southern England tour highlights some of the historical monuments and beautiful towns found throughout Southern England. Your tour starts in London with guided sightseeing of the city's must-see attractions, including Big Ben and a visit inside St. Paul's Cathedral, the iconic church famous throughout the world. History buffs are sure to be delighted on the visits to Stratford-upon-Avon, birthplace of William Shakespeare and a town that brings to life what life was like in 16th-century England; mysterious Stonehenge; the fascinating Roman ruins in Bath, once used over 2,000 years ago for bathing and socializing; and Hever Castle, the 13th-century, double-moated castle and childhood home of Anne Boleyn. Enjoy a walking tour of Hampton Court Palace's gardens, with their sparkling fountains and ornamental flower displays. Visit magnificent Salisbury Cathedral, consecrated in 1258 and home to the best preserved original Magna Carta.Throughout this tour of Southern England, you will be accompanied and guided by local experts who will bring these destinations to life with firsthand, in-depth knowledge of southern England's history, treasures, and secrets. Plus, to give you authentic experiences, Globus has included special adventures, such as tea and bara brith at The Anchor pub near the ruins of 12th-century Tintern Abbey in the beautiful Wye Valley on the border of England and Wales. From the vibrant city of London to the relaxing, seaside town of Brighton, this Southern England tour is a vacation of a lifetime!
Call (636) 978-5510 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13482961
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 9/30/2017
- 7 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||London||Welcome to London! Uniformed Globus Hosts are available to help you make the most of your stay.|
|Day 2||London||After a hearty English breakfast, morning sightseeing with a Local Guide includes all the famous landmarks: the Houses of Parliament and Big Ben beside the Thames River, Westminster Abbey, Whitehall's mounted horseguards and the Prime Minister's Downing Street, Piccadilly Circus, and Buckingham Palace. Highlights are a visit to ST. PAUL'S CATHEDRAL and the ceremonial pageantry of the Changing of the Guard, if held. Free time in the afternoon for independent activities or to join an optional excursion to Windsor Castle or the Tower of London with its fabulous Crown Jewels. Later, how about an optional dinner, followed by a cruise on the Thames River? (B)|
|Day 3||Stratford-upon-Avon||Meet your Tour Director and traveling companions, and depart at 8 am for a lovely day of sightseeing. First, a special visit to admire the ORNAMENTAL GARDENS of Henry VIII's Hampton Court Palace. Your Tour Director will take you on a walk through the breathtaking grounds. Then, drive through Runnymede, site of the sealing of the Magna Carta on June 15, 1215, and take a stroll in Oxford to see the colleges where Britain's elite receives its outstanding education. Arrive in Stratford-upon-Avon in good time to take pictures of Anne Hathaway's Cottage and visit SHAKESPEARE'S BIRTHPLACE. Tonight, enjoy a welcome dinner with wine at your hotel. (B,D)|
|Day 4||Bath||A particularly scenic day. Enjoy vistas of the Cotswold Hills as you travel to the Elizabethan village of Broadway. On to Wales for a drive through the beautiful Wye Valley to the romantic ruins of 12th-century Tintern Abbey. Stop here for [LF] TEA and BARA BRITH (speckled bread) at The Anchor pub. Cross the 3,240-foot Severn Road Bridge, and in elegant Georgian Bath, see the amazing excavations of the ROMAN BATHS, with time to explore further on your own. Later, consider an optional excursion to the picturesque, 13th-century village of Castle Combe. (B)|
|Day 5||Brighton||Today, try to unravel the mystery of prehistoric STONEHENGE. First, explore the visitor center with its imaginative exhibitions, then take the shuttle to the stone circle and admire the magnificence of the monument up close. In Salisbury, visit the splendid CATHEDRAL, the ultimate in Early English Gothic architecture and home to the best preserved original Magna Carta, and enjoy [LF] a light LUNCH in the Refectory restaurant. Your overnight is in the Regency seaside resort of Brighton. (B,L,D)|
|Day 6||London||Enjoy a leisurely start to the day before visiting spectacular HEVER CASTLE, childhood home of Anne Boleyn, a romantic, double-moated, 13th-century castle set in four acres of magnificent formal gardens that include Italian, rose, and Tudor gardens as well as a yew maze. Return to London around 3:30 pm. How about celebrating the end of your vacation by taking in one of the great West End shows? (B)|
|Day 7||London||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement:$463Triple room reduction per person:$37Extra nights per person in London:in single room $264-$396, in twin $149-$221, in triple $140-$202
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).