GLOBUS 2018: Celtic Highlights (GD)
13 days from Glasgow to Glasgow
Call (636) 978-5510 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13482786
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 9/30/2017
- 13 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Glasgow||Welcome to Glasgow! Check into your hotel. The rest of the day is free to relax in Scotland's largest city. At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner with wine at your hotel. (D)|
|Day 2||Inverness||Your Celtic adventure starts in earnest with a city drive, taking in the fine 12th-century cathedral, imposing university buildings, and elegant Georgian squares. On the way this morning: the 'Bonnie Banks' of Loch Lomond, wild Rannoch Moor, Glen Coe, lovely Loch Linnhe, and Fort William beneath Ben Nevis. In the afternoon, look out for signs of the mysterious Loch Ness monster. Spend the night in Inverness, the Highland capital. (B,D)|
|Day 3||Edinburgh||At CULLODEN VISITOR CENTER, hear the story of the crushing Hanoverian victory over Bonnie Prince Charlie's Scottish clans. Then, drive through the Cairngorms National Park and visit BLAIR CASTLE, the ancient seat of the Dukes and Earls of Atholl and home to Europe's last remaining private army, the Atholl Highlanders. Tonight in Edinburgh, don't miss our optional Scottish evening with Highland dancers, bagpipers, and the Ceremony of the Haggis. (B)|
|Day 4||Edinburgh||Morning city sightseeing with a Local Guide introduces you to the 200-year-old 'New Town' and the famous scientists, inventors, and novelists who lived there. In the 'Old Town,' drive up the narrow Royal Mile to EDINBURGH CASTLE to admire Scotland's Crown Jewels, then explore HOLYROOD PALACE (when available). Later, a unique optional excursion: board the former Royal Yacht Britannia once the perfect royal residence for glittering state visits and family holidays. Dinner rounds off this evening. For departure numbers August 7, August 14, and August 21, tickets are included for tonight's performance of the world-renowned MILITARY TATTOO. (B)|
|Day 5||Liverpool||On the way through the history-steeped Lowland Hills, stop at Gretna Green. Then, leave the land of the Scots and journey into England through the tranquil Lake District to Grasmere, home of poet William Wordsworth, to try original [LF] GRASMERE GINGERBREAD. In Liverpool, visit the award-winning BEATLES STORY, an atmospheric journey into the life, times, culture, and music of the 'Fab Four.' (B,D)|
|Day 6||Dublin||Travel to lovely Betws-y-Coed, then through the incomparable landscapes of Snowdonia National Park and over breathtaking Llanberis Pass. After a stop at Caernarvon, cross Britannia Bridge to the Isle of Anglesey for a photo stop at tongue-twisting Llanfair.... At Holyhead, board your FERRY and cross the Irish Sea to Dublin. For a first taste of Ireland, why not join an optional Irish cabaret evening including dinner, dance, song, and laughter? (B)|
|Day 7||Dublin||An orientation drive in the Irish capital includes statue-lined O'Connell Street, elegant Georgian squares, St. Patrick's Cathedral, and Oscar Wilde's Trinity College. Afternoon at leisure. Tonight, you might want to take in an optional dinner outing to the Guinness Storehouse. (B)|
|Day 8||Killarney||Horse-racing country awaits this morning. Drive across the Curragh to visit the IRISH NATIONAL STUD at Kildare, whose thoroughbreds command respect on the racecourses of the world. After your guided tour, enjoy [LF] TEA and SCONES at the Japanese Gardens Restaurant. On the way to Killarney, stop at the Rock of Cashel, where St. Patrick preached, and in Blarney, renowned for its magical Kissing Stone. (B,D)|
|Day 9||Limerick||Follow the road known as the RING OF KERRY for a spectacular 100-mile panoramic drive around the island's southwestern tip. Have your camera ready for sparkling seascapes, brightly colored farmhouses, subtropical vegetation, and the breathtaking panorama of the Lakes of Killarney from Ladies View. In the afternoon, travel via quaint Adare to Limerick. A suggestion for a very special night out: an optional medieval banquet at Bunratty Castle. (B)|
|Day 10||Bundoran||Motor to the spectacular CLIFFS OF MOHER, rising 668 feet above the Atlantic. Via the limestone plateau of The Burren, reach Galway, a popular seaside destination and a buzzing cosmopolitan center with colorful shops and a busy cafe and bar culture. Visit Knock, a village that attracts pilgrims from all over the world, then spend the night in Bundoran. (B,D)|
|Day 11||Belfast||First highlight today is Derry, situated on the banks of the Foyle River, and a [LF] WALK on the Old Town walls in the company of a Local Guide. After lunch, take your photographs of Dunluce Castle, then visit awe-inspiring GIANT'S CAUSEWAY, composed of thousands of strangely symmetrical basalt columns jutting out to sea. Stay in Belfast tonight, Northern Ireland's seat of government. (B,D)|
|Day 12||Glasgow||On this morning's 'Living History' tour in the company of a Local Guide, learn more about this fascinating city where the Titanic was built. Board your FERRY for the crossing of the North Channel to Cairnryan on the west coast of Scotland. Back in Glasgow, celebrate the success of your journey with a farewell dinner with wine at your hotel. (B,D)|
|Day 13||Glasgow||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement: $580Triple room reduction per person: $43Extra nights per person in Glasgow:in single room $186-$285, in twin & triple $105-$154
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).