2017: Treasures of the Balkans & Transylvania (6710)
13 days from Budapest to Budapest
BUDAPEST Novotel Centrum (F)BELGRADE Best Western Hotel M (ST)SOFIA Crystal Palace (F)VELIKO TARNOVO Yantra Grand Hotel (F)BUCHAREST Ramada (F)BRASOV Aro Palace (F)CLUJ-NAPOCA Golden Tulip Ana Dome (F)
Call (636) 978-5510 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13320903
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 6/30/2017
- 13 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Budapest||Check into your hotel. The rest of the day is free to visit the Hungarian capital. In the early evening, meet your Tour Director and fellow travelers.|
|Day 2||Budapest||Included sightseeing with a Local Guide features Buda Castle, which dominates the twin cities of Buda and Pest, separated by the broad ribbon of the Danube. Also see Heroes' Square, which typifies the modern capital, as well as the old inns and along the riverbank, the Royal Castle, Parliament, Margaret Island, Fishermen's Bastion, and Matthias Coronation Church. (B)|
|Day 3||Belgrade||Travel southwards first to the border town of Szeged and into the province of Vojvodina in Serbia. Stop in Novi Sad, capital of the province, situated on the Danube River and famous for its Petrovaradin Citadel, the fortress known in the west as the 'Gibraltar of the Danube.' Continue to Belgrade, capital of Serbia. This evening, taste the local specialties at a typical restaurant. (B,D)|
|Day 4||Sofia||Cross the border into Bulgaria to arrive in Sofia, its capital. Join a Local Guide for a city tour that includes the Parliament building, Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, BOJANA CHURCH, a medieval Bulgarian orthodox church listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the National Theater, and St. Sofia Church. (B,D)|
|Day 5||Sofia||This morning, drive to Rila to visit its MONASTERY with its colorful frescoes, located inside a nature park. It has a checkered history that goes way back to Ivan Rilski, a hermit who founded it in 927. During the long Turkish rule over the country, the monastery became a beacon of Bulgarian culture. Return to Sofia. Tonight, maybe join an optional folklore dinner. (B)|
|Day 6||Veliko Tarnovo||Head eastwards to Plovdiv, Bulgaria's second-largest city, located along the banks of the Maritsa River. Stop here to visit the charming Old Town and the ROMAN AMPHITHEATER. Journey northwards through fine scenery over the Stara Planina Mountains to Veliko Tarnovo. (B,D)|
|Day 7||Bucharest||Today, time to see some of the highlights of Veliko Tarnovo, located on the Yantra River. During the Middle Ages, it was Bulgaria's capital and it still retains some of its most attractive medieval features. Visit nearby Arbanassi, world famous for its type of house, which is a cross between a dwelling and a fortress. The village is known as an architectural and historic reserve and was at one time the summer residence of Bulgarian kings. One of the highlights of the visit is the CHURCH OF THE NATIVITY, built in 1637. Carry on north to Rousse and cross the Danube to reach Bucharest. (B,D)|
|Day 8||Bucharest||Flower-festooned parks, gardens, and wide boulevards shaded by century-old trees contribute to Bucharest's beauty. The highlight of your sightseeing tour is a visit to the open-air VILLAGE MUSEUM, a unique collection of traditional farmhouses, cottages, wind and watermills, and artisans' workshops from all parts of the country. The Local Guide will show you other places of interest, including the Government Victoria Palace, the Royal Palace, and the Savings Palace. There is also an afternoon optional visit to the massive Romanian Parliament, known as the 'House of the People.' (B)|
|Day 9||Brasov||Travel to Sinaia in the Prahova Valley. This is a lovely ski resort, almost 3,300 feet above sea level. While in Sinaia, there will be time to visit the SINAIA MONASTERY and PELES CASTLE, considered among the most romantic in the world. Only a few more miles and you reach Brasov, a lovely medieval town famous for its town square filled with baroque architecture and outdoor cafes. This evening, enjoy an optional folklore dinner in a typical Transylvanian restaurant. (B)|
|Day 10||Brasov||This morning, leave for Bran and visit its legendary CASTLE, built in 1377 and inhabited by Vlad the Impaler-better known as Dracula. In the afternoon, a walking orientation of the Old Town of Brasov includes a visit to the BLACK CHURCH and leisure time. (B)|
|Day 11||Napoca||Stop in Sighisoara, a medieval town with 11 towers within the city walls that surround cobblestone streets, ancient houses, and churches-it is one of Romania's prettiest towns. Legend has it that it is also the birthplace of the notorious Vlad (Dracula). Continue to Cluj-Napoca, the film capital of Romania. (B,D)|
|Day 12||Budapest||Cross the border at Oradea into Hungary and return to Budapest. (B)|
|Day 13||Budapest||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement: $600No triple room reduction.Extra nights per person in Budapest:in single room $92-$182, in twin $57-$147, in triple $52-$141
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Cosmos, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Cosmos, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Cosmos to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Cosmos menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Cosmos).